A skilled, honest, battle-tested trial attorney, Mr. Schon's practice is concentrated in criminal defense. He represents clients facing a wide range of criminal charges, with experience in the areas of vehicular crime, assault, domestic violence, theft, drug-related offenses, and avoiding professional and collateral consequences. He has defended hundreds of misdemeanors and serious felonies, and has obtained countless case dismissals and not-guilty trial verdicts. He has also won multiple evidentiary hearings in order to suppress evidence. Mr. Schon believes that every case is unique; he has a true passion for defending the constitutional rights of his clients and for protecting them from infringement by law enforcement.
A native Tucsonan, Mr. Schon graduated from both the University of Arizona and the University of Arizona College of Law. He began his legal career as an associate attorney with the law firm Snell & Wilmer and then honed his criminal defense skills in the Cochise County Public Defender's Office.
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2011
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2007
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona, J.D., Dean's List, 2007
- University of Arizona, B.A. History and Political Science, cum laude, 2003
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer in Arizona, The National Trial Lawyer's Organization, 2015
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer in Arizona, The National Trial Lawyer's Organization, 2014
Public Service and Community Involvement
- The Primavera Foundation, Volunteer, 2013 to present
- Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse, Supporter, 2012 to present