Practice Areas:Business and Corporate Law
Estate Planning and Probate
Mergers & Acquisitions
Sara C. Derrick's practice is concentrated in the areas of Real Estate, Business and Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Estate Planning. Sara advises all sizes of for-profit and non-profit organizations in the areas of corporate law and business law. Sara also represents buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers in a variety of commercial real estate matters. Sara takes a practical approach in representing and advising individuals and entities to obtain favorable results for her clients in an effective and efficient manner.
Invested in community partnerships, Sara is a volunteer for the Pima County Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyer's Program and serves on the Advisory Board of Make-A-Wish Arizona. Sara is also on the Advisory Council for the Assistance League of Tucson. Prior to that, Sara served on the Board of Directors for the Diaper Bank of Arizona and the Advisory Board for the Sunnyside Parents as Teachers Program. Additionally, Sara serves as general counsel for the Better Business Bureau of Tucson.
Prior to joining Farhang &Medcoff, Sara was a shareholder with Mesch Clark Rothschild.
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (B.S., Political Science, 1996)
- State Bar of Arizona, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2002
Public Service and Community Involvement
- Better Business Bureau of Tucson
- Make-A-Wish Arizona, Advisory Board
- Assistance League of Tucson, Advisory Council
- Diaper Bank of Arizona, Former Board Member
- Sunnyside Parents as Teachers, Advisory Board, Former member
- Lawyers for Literacy
- Arizona State Bar ADR Section, Executive Committee Member and Newsletter Editor
- 2012 Rising Stars
- Finalist for Inside Tucson's Business' Women of Influence Award