Product Liability Litigation
Robert Bernheim's practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, product liability litigation, and appeals, with substantial experience in cases involving commercial contract disputes, insurance, financial services litigation, class actions, and personal injury tort defense. Robert's product liability litigation experience includes defending against defective design, manufacturing, and marketing claims in cases involving automobiles, household and commercial appliances, and pharmaceuticals. His insurance experience is primarily with property and casualty, automobile, commercial general liability (CGL), and errors and omissions policies and includes work involving claims investigation, coverage analysis, coverage litigation, claims litigation, bad faith, and class action defense.
Putting his client's needs first, Robert strives to provide the best possible legal services while remaining mindful of practical business effects and cost constraints. Robert brings his clients broad courtroom experience honed at all stages of litigation including depositions, hearings, arbitrations, bench and jury trials, and appeals.
Before entering private practice, Robert was a law clerk to the Hon. Maurice Portley of the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One.
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2015
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Arizona Law Review, Managing Editor
- Dean's List
- Yale University, (B.A., History, 2002)
- Phi Alpha Theta (history honor society)
- 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Putting the “Alien” Back Into Alienage Jurisdiction: Alienage Jurisdiction and “Stateless” Persons and Corporations After Traffic Stream, Note, 47 Ariz. L. Rev. 1003 (2005)
- Lynn v. Reinstein: Limiting Victims' Rights to Recommend Sentences in Capital Cases, Case Note 46 Ariz. L. Rev. 581, (2004)
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Bar Association
- Tucson Defense Bar
- Pima County Bar Association
Catalina Council, Boy Scouts of America, Council Executive Board Member, 2017