Mergers & Acquisitions
Meredith Marder practices in the areas of business and corporate law, real estate, and civil litigation. She advises business clients on issues including entity formation, joint ventures, corporate governance, contract negotiation, and the purchase and sale of businesses. She also assists real estate clients with matters ranging from commercial leasing to multi-property acquisitions. For the past four years, Meredith has been selected as a Southwest Rising Star® in the areas of Business and Corporate law.
In addition to her transactional practice, Meredith represents corporate and governmental clients in complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on appeals. Her litigation experience includes administrative hearings, trial practice in state and federal court, and appeals before the Arizona Court of Appeals, Arizona Supreme Court, and various United States Courts of Appeals. Meredith leverages her transactional and litigation experience to help business clients identify and minimize litigation risks, and help litigation clients efficiently manage and resolve disputes to minimize business interruption.
Prior to entering private practice, Meredith served as law clerk to the Honorable A. John Pelander on the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2010
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Senior Articles Editor (Vols. 50-51), Arizona Law Review
- Arizona Law Review Rose & Berg Distinguished Editor Award, 2009
- Prescott College, B.A. Integrative Studies, 2005
- Southwest Rising Stars, 2014-2017 in Business/Corporate Law
- Lillian S. Fisher Prize in Environmental Law and Public Policy for The Battle to Save the Verde: How Arizona's Water Law Could Destroy One of its Last Free-Flowing Rivers, awarded by the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy, 2009
Public Service and Community Involvement
- Trustee and Vice-Chair of Development, Tucson Symphony Orchestra, 2012-2016