Corporate Restructuring and Reorganization
Commercial and Civil Litigation
Creditor's Rights Litigation
Cody Vandewerker represents creditors and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation under all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code, with an emphasis in chapter 11 debtor representation. During law school, Cody developed a foundation in bankruptcy by interning with Southern Arizona Legal Aid, which regularly represents low income individual debtors in chapters 13 and 7. He then transitioned to chapter 11 debtor work by joining John and Gerald Smith at Smith & Smith, PLLC, whose practice focused on primarily commercial debtor representation.
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2016
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2016
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, AZ
- Juris Doctor, May 2016, cum laude
- Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
- CALI Award Insurance Law; Transactional Business Law Certificate
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Philosophy, May 2013, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa honors society
Public Service and Community Involvement
- Pima County Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Associate Member
Articles and Publications
- Smith J. & Vandewerker C., Ninth Circuit Review, 2017 No. 2 Norton Bankr. L. Adviser NL 9 (2017).
- Vandewerker C., Note, The Jetsetter's Guide to Bankruptcy: Chapter 15 and Recognition as a Foreign Main Proceeding for Individual Debtors, 33 ARIZ. J. INT'L. & COMP. L. 451-80 (2016).