Cary Lackey concentrates his practice primarily in criminal defense. Cary grew up in Phoenix and attended Arizona State University College of Law. After graduation, Cary started his legal career as a Deputy Public Defender with the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. Cary has also worked as a Staff Attorney with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit in San Francisco and as an Associate Attorney with the Phoenix branch office of Quarles & Brady (Streich Lang, P.A.) in their White-Collar Crime Unit. Cary also worked as a Deputy County Attorney in the Civil Division of the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 1995
- S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1998
- S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1999
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University, College of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Drake University, (B.S. 1989)
Public Service and Community Involvement
- Canadian Football League Players' Association – Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada Contract Advisor (2009-Present).
- Maricopa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2014-Present).
- City of Phoenix Public Defender Review Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2016-Present)
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Western Region, Phoenix, Arizona General Counsel (2017-Present).
- State Bar of Arizona Criminal Defense Practice and Procedure Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2014-16).
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California Legal Writing and Research Instructor (1998).
- National Bar Association Magazine, Washington, District of Columbia Assistant Editor (1995-98).
- University of California Hastings College of the Law College of Advocacy, San Francisco, California, Participant (1997).
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy, Tucson, Arizona Participant (1996)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Arizona Black Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association, Federal Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco (1998)
- Charles Houston Bar Association (1998)
- Horace Rumpole (an American) Inn of Court (1994-96).