Estate and Trust Administration
Personal Injury Defense
Travis L. Tufts practices in the areas of estate planning, probate litigation, and commercial litigation. Travis grew up in Tucson and attended the University of Arizona, where he graduated with degrees in Political Science and Spanish. After spending several years in Miami, Florida obtaining his J.D./LL.M in Taxation from the University of Miami, he realized Tucson is his one true home. Travis returned to Tucson to be closer to family, friends, and as a former member of the Arizona Men's Club Soccer Team, to support the UA community.
His professional experiences give him a unique perspective and ability to advise clients. Travis leverages his background in litigation to carefully tailor clients' estate plans, achieving desired outcomes while minimizing the risk of costly probate disputes. He relies on his advanced knowledge of tax law to counsel clients with unique assets or diverse property interests to minimize the impact of estate and gift tax when leaving property to their family, loved ones, or favorite charity. Regardless of the size or complexity of the matter, Travis strives to fulfill his clients' objectives while providing sound advice on the most current, effective estate planning strategies.
Prior to joining Farhang & Medcoff, Travis worked as in-house counsel for a Fortune 100 insurance company. Before entering private practice, Travis clerked for the Hon. Charles V. Harrington at Pima County Superior Court.
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Education and Honors
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, and LL.M. in Taxation 2011
- University of Arizona, magna cum laude, 2008
- La Universidad de Alcala, Spain, Study Abroad Program, Fall 2005
- Serve With Liberty participant, Volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store and Distribution Center
- Give With Liberty participant, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum